Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wicked Cool!


Sorry no posts for while, I was actually out this last monday with my cousins Adam, Michela & Nichole and had a great time.  I actually took some pics and video, however like a dummy I did not put the memory card back in the camera and have to USB cord to remove any info stored to the internal memory.  So you'll just have to take my word for it.
Today was amazing though.  I woke up and there was a dusting of snow here in the valley, so I was shocked when I got the mountain to find about 3" of fresh snow with practically no one there.  Temps were in the 20's with some decent wind and snow was consistently falling all day.  I got fresh tracks all morning off of the Timberline lift which was the first time I've really experienced that portion of the mountain (has been closed up until this week).  From there I moved over to the the little Snowflake two seater lift that provides access to the mini park.  Took a couple of runs through the park and attacked the jumps rather than let them throw me.  Didn't do much off  of them but was happy to just land and not biff it.  I decided to see how the trails were off of the Vista Quad next.  The primary trails were a little wind blown, but as I got closer to the bottom powder conditions returned.  Took a ride through the jungle jib and successfully 50/50'd the flat/down box and the up/flat/down box.  Finally, I decided to try the Wilderness lift, another two seater that takes forever to get to the top but with access to some good glades.  It did not disappoint.  The wind had blown the new snow off of the trails and into to the woods, resulting in about a foot and a half of fresh new untracked snow in there.  It was unbelievable.  I had to walk out a little bit at the bottom of the run, and when i hoped off the board the snow was up to my thighs.  Just an absolute blast of day.  Days like these are the ones that get you super stoked to ride.  Tried to post the video I had and it didn't work.  It really wasnt that great anyway.  Here are some pics, click on 'em to see a blown up view.



Me being super stoked...or am I livid?  Hmmm

Riding up the Timberline Lift.  New snow, woohoo!

The down/flat box I managed not to kill myself on

 A foggy/snowy shot from the Vista Quad

 Tons of untracked pow off of Wilderness Lift


2 comments:

  1. Hows the car situation? Learning to drive up there again? -

    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a blast. Nice pics of the snow; too cold for this Florida boy.

    ReplyDelete